7 Positions (Tanzania) Project Accountants (Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition Project)
- Employer Christiaan Barnard Healthcare Foundation
- Postal Code 245 Mikocheni
- Dar es salaam
- Salary Offer 4000000-5500000
Perform a variety of activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
- Checks and analyzes financial information and prepares more complex financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Coordinates the issuance of monthly financial reports such as: Income Statement, Balance sheet, Account consolidation, and consolidation of Tangible and Intangible assets, weekly and monthly Margins. Budget reports, Investment Projects control.
- Prepare Reports weekly, monthly and annually. Assist in development of budget. Perform and review account reconciliations
- Schedules monthly tax payments, VAT( with the monthly sales and purchases records), perform reconciliation of income tax withholdings, arrange payments on accounts, Keep records of excise duties deducted by the Bank for payments made to suppliers
- Keeps control of such legal books and records of accounts as: General Ledger, Sales records, purchase records, Inventory
- Assists in managing the credit process by working closely with internal /external auditor to ensure that the required information is provided timely so that the audit can be completed as scheduled.
- Assists in preparation of annual financial report including financial statements, notes, supporting schedules, transmittal letter and statistical information
- Trains, tests and ensures integrity of the financial system (controls and technology). Train, test and maintain the financial software system and its integrity
- Prepare provisional tax returns and ensure that provisional tax payments are done timely
- Prepares VAT returns on monthly basis and submit to TRA on time.
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 1/2 years of experience in an industrial business including up to 2 years of Supervisory experience
- Experience in preparing budgets
- Computer literacy especially Advanced Excel/word/power point & familiarity with ERP system especially NAVISION system, Database Management & Hyperion
- Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations
- Ability to compile, analyse data and prepare complex financial reports and statements
- Highly energetic and results oriented
- Analytical, judgement and attention to details
- Fluent in English ( other languages will be a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Team supervision and excellent organizational skills
How to Apply for Project Accountants (Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition Project) – 7 Positions (Tanzania)
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate (USD 2000-3500)
Applications will be accepted up to 15th August 2022. Interested applicants should submit: A cover letter, describing how you meet the qualifications and why you are interested in this position.
A current resume.
Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) someone you have supervised or led.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org